Promotion Rules for TDC Course
PROMOTION RULES AS DECIDED BY THE ASSAM UNIVERSITY, SILCHAR
- A candidate who has been admitted in first semester class may be allowed to proceed to the next semester (up to 6th semester) irrespective of number of papers in which the candidate failed.
- A candidate will get a maximum of three chances for clearing the back papers within Six years, i.e., 12 semesters from the date of admission to the degree course.
- A candidate will be considered eligible to sit for the sixth semester examinations with not more than six back papers of earlier semester classes excluding 5th semester.
- Failing in any semester’s examination, a student will be allowed to appear the same in the following manner:
(a) Odd semester papers with the odd semester examination.
(b) Even semester papers with the even semester examination.
- There will be no provision for repeat or betterment i.e. scope for appearing any paper again for obtaining batter result.
- One candidate has to clear all the papers within six years or 12 Semester examination duration from the first admission.