INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
As per the policy decision of UGC with regard to the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC has recommended that every accredited institution to establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a mechanism to monitor the various quality parameters to ensure the standards of academic excellence. This mechanism helps in planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of a higher educational institution.
In compliance with the directions of NAAC to maintain and enhance the quality standards of higher education, The Satya Ranjan College, Kalain has constituted an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in the year 2015.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.